Montgomery County Premises Liability Attorney


Accident Claims Related to Dangerous Property Conditions

The Pennsylvania law of premises liability tries to find a balance between the responsibility of property owners to maintain their premises in a safe condition and the responsibility of everyone else to watch where they're going. That means compensation is not automatically owed to someone who is injured. It takes a skilled lawyer to make the case.

If you have suffered an injury on residential, commercial or public property, call on The Law Offices of Mitchell Clair, for help. Led by Montgomery County premises liability lawyer Mitchell Clair, we have 25 years of experience in personal injury litigation, including many premises liability cases. We can help you understand your rights based on the unique facts of your case.

Call 610-228-4371 to speak to Pennsylvania injury lawyer Mitchell Clair about your case.

Handling a Wide Range of Premises Liability Injury Claims

Montgomery County premises liability attorney Mitchell Clair represents clients throughout the region, including in Norristown, in a variety of dangerous property claims, such as:

  • Slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall injuries in commercial or retail buildings: supermarkets, hardware stores, restaurants, hotels or other businesses
  • Falling accidents suffered on icy porches, sidewalks or parking lots
  • Accidents at schools, playgrounds or recreation centers
  • Swimming pool accidents
  • Injuries suffered due to negligent security in bars, night clubs, arenas, parking garages or other facilities
  • Dog bites and animal attacks

The plaintiff's goal in a dangerous property case is to establish the owner's liability based on negligent maintenance, unreasonable hazards or failure to warn of known dangers. The defendant, meanwhile, usually tries to avoid liability in one of two ways: excusable lack of awareness of the dangerous condition, or the plaintiff's own carelessness being greater than any negligence on the part of the owner.

What if You Were Hurt on Public Property?

If your claim will involve a public defendant, such as a school district or municipality, you will probably need to file notice of your claim within 90 days of the accident. You can also expect to face a defense of sovereign immunity unless your attorney can show that your case is covered by a recognized statutory exception.

Discuss Your Accident With a Slip-and-Fall Lawyer

To learn more about Mitchell Clair's experience and approach to client service on dangerous property claims of all kinds, call 610-228-4371 or toll free 888-365-2811. You can also contact Mr. Clair online.